Tuesday 7 May 2024

Reflection Point : What Have I Learned About Magazine Contents Pages?

 I have learned a lot about magazine front covers from my research into RnR, The Wire, MOJO and Octane. 

Like all contents pages, magazines need to have a list of recommended pages, describing what is on that  page, with a short description and a page number to find that information. The date of publication as well as the issue number are always on this page, usually at the top of the page.

Sometimes the name of the magazine is at the top of the page in the same style as on the front cover. Typically, magazine contents pages contain images to try to entice the reader along with the text- this would be a group of 3-6. The exception to this in my research is MOJO which uses one one large image instead of multiple small ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Planning Task Three : Masthead Design

 I have made some conceptual designs for my magazine's masthead and strapline using Adobe Photoshop. The first masthead uses Orator Std....